Thank you so much for following me here! I have started a new website, www.MeganJelsemaDesigns.com. On that I will have a new blog! Check out my website and blog there! This has been a great learning experience for me, but I think that a website will help keep everything easier to find for you and more streamlined. I kind of feel like I am growing up, you know - training wheels to a 2 wheeler! :)
Thanks for stopping by and see you at www.MeganJelsemaDesigns.com!
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
I am by NO means an organized person, at least by most peoples standards. :) I have my piles and know what is in which pile and for the most part that works for me... I do LOVE the look of an organized space. A room looks so much better when you don't have to try to look past the clutter!
Here are a few of my favorite ideas for hiding clutter!
- A junk drawer! Is it just me, or do you have little stuff that you have no idea what to do with it? I keep a drawer in my kitchen for all of that stuff. I try to clean it out every other month or so, otherwise it gets a bit too full! ;)
- Hooks! Check out this back entry! How lovely, each child can take care of their own coat and backpacks. Leaving the boot bench open makes it convenient, but doesn't allow for hidden storage. Keep this in mind: keep only the daily needed items on the boot bench. Move everything else into the closet (yes, that means using actual hangers, lol!). Use closed bins - help to hid the mess of shoes under the bench, or hats and mittens on a cubbie above.
- Bins/baskets/buckets/boxes! I have some sort of bin scattered thru out my house! I use this in my half bath. It keeps the essentials handy, but still hidden.
I have inexpensive bins for most of the kids toys - it is easy for them to pick things up, on the flip side, it is easy for them to just dump them all out too (my 18 month old's favorite thing to do right now).
- Cabinet Organizers! You can get different options for your cabinets all over the place. They work great for anything from sliver ware to toothbrushes and combs & hair accessories. They also have specific ones that you can get to for your needs - a stand mixer, can stay right in the cabinet and easily lifts out with this one. I also like the pull shelves.
Don't have a built-in or room for it? I love this idea, instead of hooks on the wall, they added a small shelf and hooks under it, you still get all the extra storage and convenience of a Boot Bench.
- Trays! A pretty tray on a coffee table holding remotes, magazines, books or odds-ends looks much more put together than just leaving the laying on the coffee.
Before Tray After Tray I found this tray at a Pier One Store closing! At the price, I couldn't say no! Isn't it pretty!Here are a few of my "go to-s". I hope that they help you to organize pretty!
Thanks for stopping by!
Monday, August 17, 2015
First I need to apologize... I have been REALLY bad at blogging! But, I have been loving this summer! Have you gotten out and enjoyed some time off?
^Loved seeing these ships!^
It's a little sad to admit, after living in west Michigan for 27 years, this is the first year that I went to the Coast Guard Festival! My kids and I loved it & will definitely go again next year!
Thankfully, we have had a lot of bright sunny days! I spent one of those afternoons, checking out some of the past houses that I worked on! (To be honest, I was a little slaker-ish, trying out my new camera!) ;)
Here are a few exterior pictures of some homes that I have worked on over that last few years! I hope that you like them!
|This was the first parade home that I worked on and I still like it! It is simple and classy!|
|I love how these colors turned out! Instead of a bright white or off-white trim, we used a lighter gray and I think it looks great!|
|This was a custom home that I consulted on. The darker colors make it feel more masculine. It is also very dressy. I think that it is the perfect house for this corner lot.|
Thanks for stopping by! Get ready for some organization tips next time... (don't worry it won't take as long as this post!)
Monday, June 29, 2015
In honor of Father's Day and the upcoming Fourth of July, I've decided to do a post about outdoor living/entertaining. In my family, both Holidays are spent outside and are even better once the grilling starts!
My yard is still bare (the downside of being married to a landscaper, is that your house is always last) :) so I'm dreaming a bit for myself too! Who says "grilling" has to be a guy's thing? - The kitchen below would be loved by all!
I hope you enjoy the pictures and that they get you in the mood for some more summer fun! After browsing so many great outdoor areas, I think I need to get a fire pit moved up on our list of to dos! :-)
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Independence Day (early)!
Thanks for stopping by!
|Love this! It reminds me of camping! I'm not a camper, but even a non-camper can appreciate an awesome fire pit!|
|It might the view, but I think that the gourmet outdoor kitchen is also a big reason why I love this space!|